[comp.sys.mac.apps] 4th Dimension Externals

mtc@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Michael Trevor CUTTER) (06/12/91)

I have been offered a part-time job writing externals for 4Dimension.
Does anyone know where I can find out some info on this?
Like, how does 4D talk to them, how does it get back the answers, etc.
Thanks in advance,
	Mike Cutter, mtc@mullauna.cs.mu.oz.au
P.S. Tell me if I should have posted this in comp.sys.mac.programmers

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (06/12/91)

In article <mtc.676725388@mullauna> mtc@mullauna.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Michael Trevor CUTTER) writes:
>I have been offered a part-time job writing externals for 4Dimension.
>Does anyone know where I can find out some info on this?
>Like, how does 4D talk to them, how does it get back the answers, etc.

You'll probably want the ACIUS 4D External Kit ($250 on my last price
list).  According to the glossies, it lets you create:
   External Procedures and Functions
   External Packages
   External Areas
   External Tasks
   Process Hooks
   Output Drivers
   Merge Modules

It includes 'over 300 pages of documentation' on 30+ entry points and
20+ data types.  'Dozens of examples' are also included.

(THis is all from ACIUS' glossies...I have no affiliation with ACIUS,
 other than as a user of 4D).

--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |