[comp.sys.mac.apps] X-windows for Mac: does it exist?

sjhg9320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (K-29 Brown) (06/12/91)

frost@watop.nosc.mil (Richard Frost) writes:

>We've got a few Mac II's tied which can ethernet to our Sun Computers.
>The vt102 interface is o.k., but we'd like to run X-windows applications.
>Any recommendations?

MacX does a very nice job over a network...

map@u02.svl.cdc.com (Mark Peters) (06/12/91)

In <frost.676666661@watop> frost@watop.nosc.mil (Richard Frost) writes:

>We've got a few Mac II's tied which can ethernet to our Sun Computers.
>The vt102 interface is o.k., but we'd like to run X-windows applications.
>Any recommendations?

MacX from Apple.  The typical configuration we use is a Mac II class
machine with 8 MB of memory, and two monitors - one 13" color, one
19" monochrome.
--
Mark A. Peters                              ****** ======================
Control Data Corporation                    ****** == "What a save!!!" ==

Jim_Holt@aprdlgtr.sps.mot.com (Jim Holt) (06/14/91)

In article <34039@shamash.cdc.com>, map@u02.svl.cdc.com (Mark Peters) writes:

> In <frost.676666661@watop> frost@watop.nosc.mil (Richard Frost) writes:
>
> >We've got a few Mac II's tied which can ethernet to our Sun Computers.
> >The vt102 interface is o.k., but we'd like to run X-windows applications.
> >Any recommendations?
>
> MacX from Apple.  The typical configuration we use is a Mac II class
> machine with 8 MB of memory, and two monitors - one 13" color, one
> 19" monochrome.

MacX is a good program.  I would like to point out that there is a very
similar, and in my opinion better product also available.  The program is
called eXodus and it is from White Pines Software.  I have used both, and
eXodus is my personal favorite.

-jh