[comp.sys.mac.apps] OzTeX and System 7.0

hmarvel@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Howard P Marvel) (06/10/91)

Has anyone had success getting OzTeX to print with System 7.0?  When I try
to print, the program puts up Printer: ? and then a message to use
chooser to select a postscript printer.  Since OzTeX looks for the
printer in the System Folder, not System Extensions, I put an alias in
the System Folder, but that did not solve the problem.  Ideas, anyone?

kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun10.141715.18417@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> hmarvel@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Howard P Marvel) writes:

>Has anyone had success getting OzTeX to print with System 7.0?  When I try
>to print, the program puts up Printer: ? and then a message to use
>chooser to select a postscript printer.  Since OzTeX looks for the
>printer in the System Folder, not System Extensions, I put an alias in
>the System Folder, but that did not solve the problem.  Ideas, anyone?

I have been able to print under OzTeX 1.3 by putting a copy of the
printer driver in the System Folder. Before I learned about that trick,
I used the postscript output option to dump to a file and then downloaded
the file to the laserwriter using the new laserwriter font utility
supplied with the System 7 distribution.

--

Stephen Kurtzman             | "love is a minor chord; love is a mental ward;"
kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu      |  love is a drawn sword; love is its own reward."
                             |        -- Kate, Anna, & Jane McGarrigle

gert@ooc.uva.nl (Gert Hulstein) (06/15/91)

You almost got there, but what you should do is put the laserwriter file
in the system folder, and an alias in the extensions folder. Since the chooser
can deal with the alias you can actually choose the printer you want to use,
and OzTeX will work.

Hope this helps.