[comp.sys.mac.apps] CEtoolbox 1.6

murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) (06/01/91)

Could anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the latest
CE Toolbox?  I don't have access to GEnie or any other services
and CE Software wants $10 to send it to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ransom

--
Ransom Murphy 			                Internet: murphy@cs.unc.edu
Department of Computer Science		        PH# 919-962-1708

dlc@ais.org (David Claytor) (06/01/91)

In article <4144@borg.cs.unc.edu> murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) writes:
>Could anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the latest
>CE Toolbox?  I don't have access to GEnie or any other services
>and CE Software wants $10 to send it to me.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Ransom
>

>--
>Ransom Murphy 			                Internet: murphy@cs.unc.edu
>Department of Computer Science		        PH# 919-962-1708
>University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
>Sitterson Hall/CB# 3175				Chapel Hill, NC  27599

I believe you can get it at ftp site mac.archive.umich.edu -- though the
version is 1.6a18.  I don't know if that's greater or lesser than 1.6.  It's
in the DiskTop 4.0.1 updater folder.
.

langer@dirac.uchicago.edu (Steve Langer) (06/02/91)

In article <4144@borg.cs.unc.edu> murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) writes:
> Could anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the latest
> CE Toolbox?  I don't have access to GEnie or any other services
> and CE Software wants $10 to send it to me.

  Me too! Or better yet, can somebody post it to c.b.m or send it to sumex?
  The disktopupdater4.0.1 package on the archive has CE Toolbox 1.6a18,
  which CE said I shouldn't use. The Now Utils updater package has 1.5.1i,
  which is also out of date. (CE told me it would be OK to post the Toolbox,
  by the way.)

       -- Steve (langer@control.uchicago.edu)

macq@miguel.llnl.gov (Don MacQueen) (06/04/91)

In article <4144@borg.cs.unc.edu>, murphy@excalibur.cs.unc.edu (Ransom Murphy) writes:
|> Could anyone tell me where I can get a copy of the latest
|> CE Toolbox?  I don't have access to GEnie or any other services
|> and CE Software wants $10 to send it to me.
|>
|> Any help would be appreciated.
|>
|> Thanks,
|> Ransom

While we're at it, would somebody be nice enough to tell me what CE Toolbox is for?

I bought the NOW Utilities, which included CE Toolbox with a short note saying 'You need this, if  you want to know more about it call CE Software.'  I'd rather ask comp.sys.mac.apps.

Thanks

Don MacQueen                   macq@miguel.llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore Nat. Lab.
7000 East Ave., L-307          (415) 423-1062
Livermore, CA 94550

afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Alan R. Fry) (06/04/91)

In article <98629@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> macq@miguel.llnl.gov (Don MacQueen) writes:
:>
:>While we're at it, would somebody be nice enough to tell me what CE Toolbox is for?
:>
:>I bought the NOW Utilities, which included CE Toolbox with a short note saying 'You need this, if  you want to know more about it call CE Software.'  I'd rather ask comp.sys.mac.apps.
:>
:>Thanks
:>
:>--

It basically provides programs consistent hot key, apple menu, and launching
features (taken right from CEToolbox itself!).  What this means is that if
you are a user of Disktop 4.0, Gopher 2.0, Quickeys2 and other CET products
(and presumably Now Utilites), then you can have quickeys to launch these
programs, controls over how they launch (i.e. whether they remember the
default folder, whether they remember finder windows, international
launching configuration, etc.), and where they sit in the apple menu (for
example, above all of the other da's, in a special submenu, etc.)

Doesn't sound all that exciting, but it is useful.

Cheers,

Alan
  Alan R Fry                     |    You know what I hate?
  afry@uhura.cc.rochester.edu    |    Rhetorical questions

deh7g@newton.acc.Virginia.EDU (David E. Husk) (06/18/91)

	The company says 1.6 has been distribuited to the various
computer services compuserve, america on line, etc.  Has someone
snagged a copy yet?  If so could you send me a copy?  Is it at
sumex or any of the other archives?

			Husk@virginia.edu