[comp.sys.mac.apps] Registering codes with Apple?

jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu (06/18/91)

I'm about to release a new Mac application.  Does anyone out there know how
to register my File Type and Creator codes (the 4-character codes) with Apple?

Is there any way to register them electronically, rather than by snail-mail?

Thanks.  Please respond by e-mail, and I can post the results here afterward.

Jason Davis
jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu

In article <1991Jun18.103101.1464@husc3.harvard.edu>, jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu writes:
> I'm about to release a new Mac application.  Does anyone out there know how
> to register my File Type and Creator codes (the 4-character codes) with Apple?
>
> Is there any way to register them electronically, rather than by snail-mail?
>
> Thanks.  Please respond by e-mail, and I can post the results here afterward.

Thanks for the quick response!  I was able to get the registration form by
anonymous ftp from ftp.apple.com.  It was located in

/dts/mac/tools/creator-file-type-form.txt

Jason Davis
jdavis@husc3.harvard.edu