[comp.sys.mac.apps] Quicken on the Mac and PC

bobj@hpindwa.cup.hp.com (Bob Joslin) (06/18/91)

Does anyone know if the data files created by Quicken for the Mac and
PC are compatible?  I.E. Can I read a file, created by Quicken on the
PC, on my Mac, and visa-versa.

Thanks

Bob Joslin

eshenk@intuit.intuit.COM (Eric Shenk) (06/19/91)

bobj@hpindwa.cup.hp.com (Bob Joslin) writes:

>Does anyone know if the data files created by Quicken for the Mac and
>PC are compatible?  I.E. Can I read a file, created by Quicken on the
>PC, on my Mac, and visa-versa.

>Thanks

>Bob Joslin

Sorry, they're not compatible.  And it ain't just matter of byte ordering.
They are VERY incompatible.  A number of people have sent in requests for
this feature, which makes it a mighty fine candidate for something to do
in the future.
-eric
eshenk@intuit.com
Me?  Officially represent Intuit?  I disclaim that!