[comp.sys.mac.apps] Dither in GIFConverter?

norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) (06/15/91)

Is it possible to dither in GIFConverter? How do you do it?

Many thanks,
--
//  Norton Chia || I can be reached via e-mail  -->  norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU /
/ Micro Support || Yes, this is Australia calling. //////  AppleLink: AUST0240 /

kam@chinet.chi.il.us (Kevin A. Mitchell) (06/16/91)

Just choose "One Bit" from the Display menu, and a dither you like from
the Special menu.

--
Kevin A. Mitchell/GIFConverter Author
kam@chinet.chi.il.us

klaus@diku.dk (Klaus Ole Kristiansen) (06/18/91)

kam@chinet.chi.il.us (Kevin A. Mitchell) writes:

>Just choose "One Bit" from the Display menu, and a dither you like from
>the Special menu.

How do you get to see the picture using a different dither? Choosing another
dither does not cause the picture to be redithered, recalculate does not
work. So far I have been rotating the picture to get it redithered, is
there an easier way?

Klaus O K

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (06/18/91)

In article <norton.676971728@extro> norton@extro.ucc.su.OZ.AU (Norton Chia) writes:
>Is it possible to dither in GIFConverter? How do you do it?

Go into the Display menu and choose the "One Bit" item.  This will take
the image to single bit (B&W).  You will also want to set the
"Grayscale" item in the same menu.

To avoid two image recalculations, select these items in the reverse
order (I forgot about this...).  That is, display the color picture,
then choose "Grayscale", and THEN choose "One Bit".  This way you only
have to wait for the recalculation once.
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company, 3M Center, 235-3F-27                   |
| Maplewood, MN   55144-1000     .-----------------------------------|

stanger@otago.ac.nz (Nigel Stanger) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun18.070928.12512@odin.diku.dk>, klaus@diku.dk (Klaus Ole Kristiansen) writes:
> kam@chinet.chi.il.us (Kevin A. Mitchell) writes:
>
>>Just choose "One Bit" from the Display menu, and a dither you like from
>>the Special menu.
>
> How do you get to see the picture using a different dither? Choosing another
> dither does not cause the picture to be redithered, recalculate does not
> work. So far I have been rotating the picture to get it redithered, is
> there an easier way?

Just select "one bit" again, as far as I can remember that works
fine.

--
See ya
                                Nigel.