[comp.sys.mac.apps] Is anybody using 4th Right?

chrish@chaos.LABS.TEK.COM (Chris Hubbard) (06/19/91)

Digital Concepts in Portland makes a tool for 4th Dimension called 4th Right.
Is there anybody on the net how is using this product and can give a
testimonial on this product.

I called them and they said it has 600 procedures for 4th Dimension and the
environment runs on top of 4th Dimensions.

Has anybody had any contact with Digital Concepts( i.e. any problems or
good reports).  Any reply would be appreciated.

Please respond via e-mail or post.  I will post a summary of my findings.
I am getting a demo disk tomorrow.  If anybody is interested in it, you can
e-mail me and I will send you information.

Thanks for responding,

Chris

disclaimer:  I am not in any way affiliated with Digital Concepts.

bmartin@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Brian Martin) (06/23/91)

In article <1828@crl.LABS.TEK.COM> chrish@crl.LABS.TEK.COM (Chris Hubbard) writes:

>Digital Concepts in Portland makes a tool for 4th Dimension called 4th Right.
>Is there anybody on the net how is using this product and can give a
>testimonial on this product.
>
>I called them and they said it has 600 procedures for 4th Dimension and the
>environment runs on top of 4th Dimensions.
>
>Has anybody had any contact with Digital Concepts( i.e. any problems or
>good reports).  Any reply would be appreciated.

I bought the package in December 1990. I found it to be far less than
what I had expected based on their marketing docs, and it was indeed
useless for the project that I had hoped to use it for. The problem I
ran into was that 4th Right had a lot of user interface manipulation
tools, but no decent data dictionary tools, which really should lie at
the core of any database development system. I ended up writing my own
development shell.

One of the reasons I bought 4th Right was that it came with a 30-day
money back guarantee. I returned it, but they never sent my refund.
They never returned my phone calls, although they did respond to one of
my e-mail letters, saying that my refund was "being processed". This
was back in April. Five months after returning the product, I still
have no refund in hand.

Brian K. Martin, M.D.
bmartin@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu