[comp.sys.mac.apps] latest version of MacWrite II?

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (06/21/91)

  I have MacWrite II 1.1v1. What is the latest version, and how can I
get?

Masato Ogawa					Sony corp.

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp				Tokyo, Japan

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (06/21/91)

In article <OGAWA.91Jun21190513@actor.sm.sony.co.jp>, ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) writes:

>  I have MacWrite II 1.1v1. What is the latest version, and how can I
>get?

MacWrite II 1.1v1 is the most recent version.  Unfortunately, that
version has a problem displaying TrueType fonts in sizes larger than
127 points, or in "reduced" view.

According to Carla Zvonek of Claris, an upgrade will be shipped in
early July (at least in the U.S.) to deal with that problem.

Also, MacWrite Pro, the "ground-up" rewrite of MacWrite, is currently
in beta.  MacWrite Pro will be System 7 "savvy", including support for
Publish and Subscribe, as well as AppleEvents.  It also incorporates a
lot of features that people (well, at least me) have been wanting,
such as style sheets, varying columns within a document, and
"floating" graphics.  (I saw a public demo of it on June 19th - very,
very impressive).

MacWrite Pro is -expected- to ship in mid-to-late Fall, and will be a
free upgrade for registered owners of MacWrite II who purchased it
after May 13th, 1991.  (That was the announce date of MacWrite Pro).

All of this information was obtained in a "open to the public" Claris
demonstration of MacWrite Pro, MacDraw Pro, and Resolve.

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun21.123735.8371@zardoz.eng.ohio-state.edu> gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu writes:
 > >  I have MacWrite II 1.1v1. What is the latest version, and how can I
 > >get?
 >
 > MacWrite II 1.1v1 is the most recent version.  Unfortunately, that
 > version has a problem displaying TrueType fonts in sizes larger than
 > 127 points, or in "reduced" view.

thank you.
I have received same infor by mail, too( Thanks you ).

 > Also, MacWrite Pro, the "ground-up" rewrite of MacWrite, is currently
 > in beta.  MacWrite Pro will be System 7 "savvy", including support for
 >		:
 > 		:

Umh, I'm loging for ...!