[comp.sys.mac.apps] QuickDex

kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu (Lars Kellogg-Stedman) (06/20/91)

First of all, I'm going on the assumption that Quickdex is, or at least
was, shareware.  If it is, in fact, commercial, please feel free to ignore
the following question:

Are there any ftp sites where a recent version of Quickdex, or similar
program, can be found?

Thank you for any help...

Lars
--
~ ~ | Lars Kellogg-Stedman                 | "The art of life
O-O | kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu |   is to be thought odd"
 |  +--------------------------------------+----------------------------------+
-=- |   I'm rarely responsible for what I say, do you think anybody else is?

cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun20.113414.21428@galileo.cc.rochester.edu>
kellogg@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu (Lars Kellogg-Stedman) writes:
>First of all, I'm going on the assumption that Quickdex is, or at least
>was, shareware....

Isn't; never was.  Similar PD programs include Bill Atkinson's QuickFile
and Tim Enders' RoloDA.  Both of these have a few problems but have the
virtue of being freeware.  QuickDEX is a product of CE Software, generally
available for around $50 or so.  It's bugfree, has some depth the other two
lack without having a crowded interface, and a major upgrade is coming
out later this summer.

--Carl Alexander                  |           BCS*Mac
News Editor, The Active Window    |  The Boston Computer Society
cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu          |     Macintosh Users Group
.

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun21.145240.21229@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>, cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) writes:

> virtue of being freeware.  QuickDEX is a product of CE Software, generally
> available for around $50 or so.  It's bugfree, has some depth the other two

QuickDex is actually published by Cassady & Greene, from somewhere around
Monterey, CA.

BTW, I have a copy of QuickDex for sale for $20.  Anyone interested?

 == Marvin Jones === DSC Corp./Optilink Access Products === Petaluma, CA ====
 == uucp: {uunet, tekbspa, pyramid}!optilink!jones ==== Ph. 707.792.7206 ====
 == CIS: 71320,3637 or 71320.3637@compuserve.com ====== AOL: mjones =========

--

cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) (06/25/91)

In article <6906@optilink.UUCP> jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) writes:
>In article <1991Jun21.145240.21229@mintaka.lcs.mit.edu>,
>cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu (Carl J.M. Alexander) writes:
>
>> ....QuickDEX is a product of CE Software....
>
>QuickDex is actually published by Cassady & Greene....

I can't believe I did that.  Apologies to C&G, which is, like CE, a
first-rate small Mac software house.

--Carl Alexander
cjeff@silver.lcs.mit.edu

dlc@ais.org (David Claytor) (06/25/91)

I just received my update notice today from Casady & Greene from QuickDex to
QuickDex II (@ $28 for registered users.)  The offer includes a free upgrade
to Super QuickDEX, when it's released later this summer.

BTW, I can't praise QuickDEX highly eough.  As an electronic "rolodex"/auto
dialer, it's my single, most frequently used DA.  Many, many, many times
daily.

Casady & Greene
22734 Portola Drive
Salinas, CA  93908            (but check with MacConnection or MacWAREHOUSE)