[comp.sys.mac.apps] Looking for FoxBASE templates

chris@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton) (06/20/91)

I'm trying to learn FoxBASE's template language so I can write a custom
application. Do any of you have code libraries or neat FoxCODE functions
that you could send me as examples?

Thanks a bunch!
--
One should drink little ... but often.		   -- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

dent@DIALix.oz.au (Andrew Dent) (06/21/91)

In <CHRIS.91Jun20115304@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov> chris@asylum.gsfc.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton) writes:

>I'm trying to learn FoxBASE's template language so I can write a custom
>application. Do any of you have code libraries or neat FoxCODE functions
>that you could send me as examples?
Why bother?!
From my experiences in making FoxBASE work in a reasonably Maclike manner,
the amount of complex code required would make it virtually impossible to
code in FoxCODE, unless you're just trying to string some entry screens
together.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has used FoxCODE for a full
Maclike application, including menu support and multiple windows.

Andy Dent                     A.D. Software phone 09 249 2719
Mac & VAX programmer          94 Bermuda Dve, Ballajura
dent@DIALix.oz                Western Australia  6066
dent@DIALix.oz.au (international)

josh@odgate.odesta.com (Josh Golub) (06/26/91)

dent@DIALix.oz.au (Andrew Dent) writes:

>From my experiences in making FoxBASE work in a reasonably Maclike manner,
>the amount of complex code required would make it virtually impossible to
>code in FoxCODE, unless you're just trying to string some entry screens
>together.

>I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has used FoxCODE for a full
>Maclike application, including menu support and multiple windows.

i worked for 9 months trying to put together a foxbase application
incorporating menus, multiple windows, and referential integrity
among windows. after all of this time, i gave up because of the
incredible complexity required to perform these "simple" macintosh
tasks.

i then switched to over to double helix, and was able to reproduce
in THREE DAYS all of the work that i had done in the previous nine
months in foxbase.

if double helix can handle your database requirements, then you can
put your system together in a fast and easy fashion.

joshua golub                     | odesta corporation