[comp.sys.mac.apps] FullWrite Professional 1.5 vs 7.0

jackh@rice.edu (Jack W. Howarth) (06/16/91)

  I though I'd pass this along to other FullWrite Professional users. Since
I upgraded to System 7.0 I have been bothered that FWP 1.5 doesn't allow you
to use the MF menu at the right or the Balloon-help menu. I decided on a
hunch that Apple had changed how they stored and used menus in the System to
try FWP Diddler 1.2 which was created in 1988 to allow users of 1.0 and 1.1
to use On-Cue.  Well, that solved the problems totally. So you should get
FWP Diddler off the A-T BBS if you are using 7.0. Also, I am running MODE32
with 32 bit addressing and VM turned on and have not had FWP 1.5 crash yet.
A-T claims it is System 7.0 ready except for a few bugs with laserwriter
page setup dialogs.
                          Cheers...
                                 Jack

"No matter where you go...                           Jack W. Howarth

Adam.Frix@p18.f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Adam Frix) (06/22/91)

Jack W. Howarth writes to All:

JWH>  I though I'd pass this along to other FullWrite Professional
JWH> users. Since I upgraded to System 7.0 I have been bothered that
JWH> FWP 1.5 doesn't allow you to use the MF menu at the right or
JWH> the Balloon-help menu. I decided on a hunch that Apple had changed
JWH> how they stored and used menus in the System to try FWP Diddler
JWH> 1.2 which was created in 1988 to allow users of 1.0 and 1.1 to
JWH> use On-Cue. Well, that solved the problems totally. So you should
JWH> get FWP Diddler off the A-T BBS if you are using 7.0.

This problem has existed since the beginning of FWPro.  FWP has _always_, even under System 5/6, prevented access to the OnCue menu.  That's why the FWP Diddler was invented.  (Ah, necessity.)  It's not a System 7 thing, it's a FWP thing.

--Adam--

*  "...it was a lot easier to train a pilot to pick up         *
*   a rock, than train a scientist to land on the moon."       *
*   --Mark Berent, in _Steel Tiger_                            *
*  CIS: 70721,504                                              *
*  America OnLine: AdamFrix                                    *
*  Internet: Adam.Frix@p18.f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG             *

Adam Frix via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!20.18!Adam.Frix
INET: Adam.Frix@p18.f20.n226.z1.FIDONET.ORG

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (06/27/91)

What are you people talking about?  FWP 1.5s works fine under System 7
for me -- there are no problems with the balloon or application menus.

							Tim Smith