[comp.sys.mac.apps] SuperClock! timer

mtanner@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Michael C. Tanner) (06/29/91)

I've been trying to post this for two days.  I hope there aren't suddenly 6
copies on the net.  If there are, sorry.

Can somebody tell me how to get SuperClock!'s timer to work?  I can see how to
set it, but can't figure out how to start the thing.  OK'ing out of the
setting window doesn't work, and I can't find anything helpful in the
documentation.  (What documentation?  OK, it's freeware.  I'm not complaining.
I like it as a clock and alarm clock.  I would like to use it as a timer,
too.)

-- mike

dlc@ais.org (David Claytor) (06/29/91)

In article <MTANNER.91Jun28122758@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> mtanner@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Michael C. Tanner) writes:
>I've been trying to post this for two days.  I hope there aren't suddenly 6
>copies on the net.  If there are, sorry.
>
>Can somebody tell me how to get SuperClock!'s timer to work?  I can see how to
>set it, but can't figure out how to start the thing.  OK'ing out of the
>setting window doesn't work, and I can't find anything helpful in the
>documentation.  (What documentation?  OK, it's freeware.  I'm not complaining.
>I like it as a clock and alarm clock.  I would like to use it as a timer,
>too.)
>
>-- mike

Mike, it's actually quite simple.  Just click on the clock on the menu bar.
Depending on how your have configured SuperClock! in the control panel, the
first click will display the date, the second click will display the timer.
Clicking on the tiny stopwatch icon will start the timer; clicking on it
again will stop it.  If you click on the digits, you'll start the cycle
all over, i.e., clock, date, timer, etc.  SuperClock! is a gem.

Good luck.
__Dave

steve@violet.berkeley.edu (Steve Goldfield;232HMB;3-6292;;MF62) (06/29/91)

In article <MTANNER.91Jun28122758@gmuvax2.gmu.edu> mtanner@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Michael C. Tanner) writes:
#>I've been trying to post this for two days.  I hope there aren't suddenly 6
#>copies on the net.  If there are, sorry.
#>
#>Can somebody tell me how to get SuperClock!'s timer to work?  I can see how to
#>set it, but can't figure out how to start the thing.  OK'ing out of the
#>setting window doesn't work, and I can't find anything helpful in the
#>documentation.  (What documentation?  OK, it's freeware.  I'm not complaining.
#>I like it as a clock and alarm clock.  I would like to use it as a timer,
#>too.)
#>
#>-- mike

I just tried it, never having used the timer before.
You set up the timer from the control panel, as you
describe. Then you select the timer (by clicking on the
time/date/timer you can cycle through them). At the top
of the little clock on the right of the timer is a little
button. When you click it, the timer starts counting. If
you then select the date or time, when the timer goes off
you return automatically to the timer.

Seems pretty intuitive to me.

Steve Goldfield