[comp.sys.mac.apps] MacDraw II Color picture in Word/MacWrite

rys@inf.ethz.ch (Michael Rys) (06/28/91)

I have problems importing color drawings from MacDraw II 1.1 into
MS-Word 4.0. Using Cut&Paste I just get the graphics box into my document
but nothing of the color. Same happens with MacWrite II.

Since I need the document by next tuesday, a solution is urgent. Any help
would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Michael

P.S.: Is the upgrade from 6.0.5 to 7.0 worth it on II, IIx and IIcx?
      Any bugs, horror stories, incompatible software I would have to worry
      about? Answer pls in email, I just rejoined this list, so I certainly
      missed this discussion.

--
Michael Rys
Institut fuer Informationssysteme

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (06/29/91)

In article <29677@neptune.inf.ethz.ch>, rys@inf.ethz.ch (Michael Rys) writes:
> I have problems importing color drawings from MacDraw II 1.1 into
> MS-Word 4.0. Using Cut&Paste I just get the graphics box into my document
> but nothing of the color. Same happens with MacWrite II.
>
> Since I need the document by next tuesday, a solution is urgent. Any help
> would be very much appreciated.

Select the Preferences item in from the menu and make sure you have
the "Color Clipboard" option enabled.

> P.S.: Is the upgrade from 6.0.5 to 7.0 worth it on II, IIx and IIcx?
>       Any bugs, horror stories, incompatible software I would have to worry
>       about? Answer pls in email, I just rejoined this list, so I certainly
>       missed this discussion.

I've been using System 7 since it came out - very few problems.  Of
course if you have lots of old software you might have more problems
- you really need to have the latest versions of things.

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE