[comp.lang.functional] PC implementation of funct. lang.?

iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Ian Moor) (05/25/90)

In article <30420@ut-emx.UUCP> dll@ut-emx.UUCP (Don Loflin) writes:

  >>Does anyone know  about  implementations  of  functional  language  (not
  >>Common Lisp) available for PCs, preferably MS-DOS machines or MacIntosh?
  >>
  > Please, anyone who knows of a PC implementation, would you also reply to
  > "dll@emx.utexas.edu" or post to this group.  Thanks.

Last year Research Software, who market Miranda, told me they were working
on Miranda for MSDOS and Macintosh, but I have not heard if they have
realeased this yet. Here at Imperial we have an interpreter for a subset
of Hope that will run on MSDOS and Macs. I have also seen versions of
Scheme available for several micros.

--
Ian W Moor
  ARPA: iwm@doc.ic.ac.uk

 Department of Computing,         (The skin is mightier than the banana)
 Imperial College.
 180 Queensgate
 London SW7 UK.

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (05/25/90)

In article <3467@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca> tremblay@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Guy TREMBLAY) writes:
>Does anyone know  about  implementations  of  functional  language  (not
>Common Lisp) available for PCs, preferably MS-DOS machines or MacIntosh?

There's a version of ML for the Macintosh; a slightly obselete
dialect, but quite useable.

Not for the PC, I'm afraid, because they're such horrible machines
with tiny brains.

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick