[comp.lang.functional] Help with SML

ballanty@cs.sfu.ca (Rob Ballantyne) (06/14/91)

  I need help with using SML.

  I've read the document "Standard ML Refrence Manual (PRELIMINARY)"
dated October 25, 1990.  And I've found it almost unreadable for
someone new to SML.  I'm looking for a reference to anything that
will help me get going using SML.

  Thanks,

Rob

| Rob Ballantyne                  |                                      |
| email: ballanty@cs.sfu.ca       |                                      |
|                                 |                                      |
| Simon Fraser University         |   I can't decide what to put here    |
| Dept of Math/Stats              |                                      |
| Burnaby,BC                      |                                      |
| Canada                          |                                      |
| Rob Ballantyne                  |                                      |
| email: ballanty@cs.sfu.ca       |                                      |
|                                 |                                      |

mueck@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Andreas Mueck) (06/19/91)

In article <1991Jun13.202516.11894@cs.sfu.ca> ballanty@cs.sfu.ca (Rob Ballantyne) writes:

>  I need help with using SML.
>
>  I've read the document "Standard ML Refrence Manual (PRELIMINARY)"
>dated October 25, 1990.  And I've found it almost unreadable for
>someone new to SML.  I'm looking for a reference to anything that
>will help me get going using SML.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>Rob

>| Rob Ballantyne                  |                                      |
>| email: ballanty@cs.sfu.ca       |                                      |

The best book for beginners is the book of Ake Wikstrom. The title I think is
Programming in SML or something like that. Unfortunatly I do not know the
publisher.

       ................ a n d y  m u e c k
        ............... mueck@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de
         .............. university of passau