[fido.unix] What's the difference between a 1542A and a 1542B?

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (12/25/90)

chip@chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:

>And if you are the reseller, Adaptec tells you to talk to the distributor.
>The 1542B seems like a good card, but the Bustek SCSI adapter seems
>equivalent functionally, at a cheaper price.  I don't jump to different
>vendors to save $25.  However, I can't see paying a premium to get
>lousy support.  These days I'm installing Bustek cards.

we found the bustek to even boot Intel Release 4.0 - when
the Adaptec 1542B failed --

  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)