>In article <PAX.90Dec27091610@megasys.megasys.> pax@megasys.com
>		 (Garry M. Paxinos) writes:
>-
>- In article <1990Dec26.192115.23329@csrd.uiuc.edu>
>-			patrick@whistle.kai.com (Patrick Wolfe) writes:
>-    Ahem...
>-
>-       ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>-    550 nstar.rn.com (TCP)... 550 Host unknown
>-    554 <larry@nstar.rn.com>... 550 Host unknown (Valid name but no data [address])
>-
>- I'm wondering, is this happening to alot of people?  It's been
>- happening to both megasys.com and metrolink.com down here quite abit.

>        I haven't seen this happen to me, but then again, I'm not
>directly connected.  I too use an MX like Larry does.  My MX points to
>two sites, with both uunet and seismo holding the MX records.

>- BTW, both systems use uunet.uu.net as a nameserver.  Uunet says it's
>- elsewhere... is it?  Both domains have primary and secondary forwarders
>- so it seems strange that this is happening...

the problem in our case (for the domain rn.com) is that
our primary forwarder was specifing *.rn.com -> nstar -
which didn't forward everything like it should (he is using
sendmail).  if he put nstar.rn.com -> nstar everything works
just fine - so the problem is related to the *.rn.com in the
cf file.

like I mentioned in a previous article - everything was working
just dandy until about 10 days ago (with the *.rn.com)

strange indeed..

  {larry@nstar.rn.com, uunet!nstar!larry, larry%nstar@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)