[fido.unix] Word Perfect 5.0 for UNIX

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (04/15/91)

We run Word Perfect 5.0 under Interactive UNIX 3.2 (rel 2.21)

I can't get the print menu, view document feature to work
(I get invalid graphics driver)

Calls to WP yield "it should work" --

has anyone else had problems with this working (on the console)?

tony@oct1.UUCP (Tony Russell) (04/17/91)

In article <1991Apr14.212538.24509@nstar.rn.com> larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>We run Word Perfect 5.0 under Interactive UNIX 3.2 (rel 2.21)
>
>I can't get the print menu, view document feature to work
>(I get invalid graphics driver)
>
>Calls to WP yield "it should work" --
>
>has anyone else had problems with this working (on the console)?
We had this problem on a MONOCHROME console (ISC 2.2.1). Our
Wordperfect distributers said this was only supported on EGA/VGA
screens.

--------------------
                             Tony Russell - Unix Support
                         Open Computer Technology (Pty) Ltd
tony@oct1           !ddsw1!olsa99!oct1!tony <<-->> tony@oct1.UUCP

larry@nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) (04/23/91)

tony@oct1.UUCP (Tony Russell) writes:

>We had this problem on a MONOCHROME console (ISC 2.2.1). Our
>Wordperfect distributers said this was only supported on EGA/VGA
>screens.

come to find out - there was a bug in the original release of WP 5.0
for UNIX - and a replacement tape from WP should solve the problem
(the tape is in the mail)