[soc.religion.eastern] The Vision of God, Enlightenment

cyee@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (Chut Ngeow YEE) (10/24/90)

Below is a talk given by a most remarkable spiritual master
that I have ever read about - DA KALKI (Heart-Master Da Love Ananda).

He was born in 1939 at New York, as Frankin Jones.  He is born
already Enlightened,  but gave out his enlightened state at the
age of two so as to find a way to awaken normal people to the Divine
State that he is.  He started teaching when he regained his enlightenment
in 1970, and until now has generated more than 40 volumes of teaching
ranging from diet and emotional sexual relationship to the
cosmic process.  During his teaching years he took on various names,
including Bubba Free John,  Da Free John and Heart-Master Da Love-Ananda.
At present he is living in spiritual seclusion in Naitauba
Island of Fiji, receiving only his perpared devotees.

Last year he declared himself the long awaited Divine World-Teacher.
This year he declared that he is DA KALKI,  the tenth and final
incarnation of Vishnu (the Divine as Sustainer),  the Avataric Incarnation
anciently Promised for the "late time" or the "dark epoch".

What do you make of it?

The talk below is recorded in "The Compulsory Dancing",  titled
"The Vision of God".

DA KALKI : Have you forgotten the Eternal Vision?  Is there something
absent from your Enlightenment?  People always want to know the path of
life, starting from the bottom or lowest level.  Why should you begin your
consideration of spiritual practice by acknowledging that you are a vulgar,
lower person, and that the way to Truth is going to be difficult for you
because you are beginning at such a lowly place in the scale of spiritual
growth? Why should you assume that there will be seven costly stages that
will take you a long, long, long, long, long, long, long time to fulfill,
and that you are probably too dull, self-possessed, and vulgar to fulfill
that great path in any case?

     Well, instead of beginning our consideration in this fashion, what if
you come into the room and I ask you, "Do you see God? What is absent from
your Enlightenment?"  Then you do not have to answer me from the lowest
disposition that you can possibly presume.  You can just tell me or somehow
demonstrate to me the point from which you begin the Way.  I do not ask
that you begin at the bottom of the scale of human possibilities.  I only
ask that you be as much as whatever is behind you.  Right?

     Well then - do you see God?  What is absent from your Enlightenment?
Is anybody going to answer my question seriously?

DEVOTEE:  I think what is absent is the constant company of people who
acknowledge and expect that disposition.

DA KALKI:  The absence of such company prevents you from seeing God and
realizing total Enlightenment?  Nonsense.  That could not possibly be the
answer.  What is it then?  Is your God-Vision being prevented?  What could
possibly prevent one from seeing God?  Does God not want to be seen?  Does
God not want to be realized to be the Great God,  Manifest, Unmanifest,
All-Powerful, and Sublime?  Could God possibly not be Blissful about the
surrender of all being to Itself?  God would do anything to be seen,
anything!  Right?  God must be of such a nature.  God cannot be hiding.
How could God possibly be hidden?  By the very nature of the Divine, God
can only be absolutely, perfectly obvious, not hidden, and never forgotten.
What is all this nonsense about falling from God, then, or falling from the
Vision of God?  It is just propaganda!  How could you possibly suffer such
a fall -- as if to have Realized God to begin with could ever involve the
loss of that Realization!

	 How could God not be obvious in any circumstance? How could anything
else be more obvious? What is more obvious than God in this room?  Does
anything else stand out so much that you cannot remember God?  Is it God
that stands out?  You could enumerate endless qualities of this moment of
experience, but none of them stands out as God stands out.  You cannot
lose the Vision of God.  You cannot NOT have the Vision of God, and having
the Vision of God, you cannot be other than Enlightened.  The Vision of God
is exactly Enlightenment.  There, how can you not be seeing God?

	 Now you are about to feel guilty because you do not feel that your
present seeing of God is a wonderful, ecstatic vision.  Is that it?  You
are convincing yourself that you are not seeing God.  You always act as if
you are not seeing God.  You feel that you are not seeing God, and yet God,
being God, could only be obvious, is in fact what IS obvious as everything
and anything whatsoever! God being God, God can only be what is obvious.
Nothing outshines God.  Even anything in its apparent obviousness is
nothing but the obviousness of God.

	 Are you people capable of philosophy at all?  Those who have seen God
have the opportunity for wit and distraction, because they are only having
the Vision of God.  they are not serious anymore about the spiritual path
that stands before the unenlightened.  You are not other than enlightened.
What could this manifestation possibly be but God?  Without having to alter
your perception, what could this possibly be but God?  God is
                                         2
revealed not only in the fact that E = mc  and all matter is therefore
equivalent to energy.  God is more obvious than that.  What could this
arising experience possibly be?  You can reach into all the ultimates
beyond even light, but in whom does it all arise?  It is not that this
existence is a puzzle for you to ponder and know about until you Realize
God.  No.  THIS IS GOD.  You can begin with and further develop negative
interpretations of Man and the World, but the only obvious phenomenon is
God.  When whatever is arising is nothing but the Vision of God for you,
then you are free.  Then all the propositions others make to move toward
their Enlightenment, Salvation, and ultimate Realization will be nothing to
you.  You will be utterly released from fear, self-possession, and
attachment.

	 If you are seeing God, then see God.  This is my recommendation.  What
else could I possible recommend to you?  You obviously do not have a
problem.  It should not be so difficult, then, to begin to practice the Way
from the point of view of the seventh stage of life.  It should not take
long at all, unless you continue to forget the Vision and think that you do
not have it.  You forget that you are seeing God even in those moments. But
once you realize that you are always seeing God and could not possibly do
otherwise, because there is only God, then what kind of serious path of
experience would you like to create?

	 The Vision of God is not anything that cannot be acknowledged.  It is
always acknowledged.  It must be acknowledged.  How could it be otherwise?
Do you think the Living God is a demon who would insist that you always
blunder from the bottom of possibilities toward the Great Reward?  This
path of experience sounds like something that only YOU would require of
yourself.  Not Great God would ever require this of you!  It is just your
own foolishness.  Now that you have come to me to discover the Way, I do
not know what to tell you, because I find that you see God and that there
is nothing absent from your enlightenment.  You people do not need a Way,
you need a path! (Laughter) You have already fulfilled the Way, and now you
take up the path of experiential growth.  You are not on the path to
discover the Way.  You have already fulfilled the Way, and now you have
plenty of opportunity to amuse yourself with the path.  Not in lieu of
Enlightenment -- the path is part of what one does once Enlightened.  This
moment is nothing but perfect Enlightenment, absolute Existence.  What is
there to be unhappy about? Why should it be cause for unhappiness?  It is
the Vision of God, Whose changes are innumerable.  Did you think you are
seeing someone else? There is only that One.  What is there to fear then?
What can ever be lost?  What can be gained at death?

	 Why should you settle for illusions, having come this far? You are
going to die in any case.  Why should you settle for lies?  Why not be
serious and really see and worship God?  Be real, instead of seeking.  Why
should you spend your life seeking God?  You should spend your life
worshipping God.  All propositions are nonsense other than the actual seeing
and worshipping and Realization of and surrender to God.  What else could
life possibly realize?  there is no path to God.  God is only obvious.

	 Do you take what is before you to be God, or do you not? There are two
ways you can live, based on either the affirmative or the negative response
to that question.  If all this is not God, you must proceed through a great
adventure of experience, following many paths to the ultimate Unknown.  If
this is God, there is only one Way.  What is it?  To realize all this
manifestation to be God is not to know what it IS.  It is to pass beyond
the barrier of unenlightenment into God-Realization.  It is to Realize That
which is intuited in Divine Ignorance, released from the craving for
knowledge.  Is all that is before you God or is it not?  What do you say?
What about the fear and sorrow you are always proclaiming? ......

I recommend "The Divine Emergence of the World-Teacher" (published by The
Dawn Horse Press) for those who want to know more about DA KALKI.
It is a mind blowing biography written by Saniel Bonder, a devotee since
the earliest days of DA KALKI teaching years.

Yee

moskowit@paul.rutgers.edu (Len Moskowitz) (10/25/90)

What this fellow DA KALKI (Heart-Master Da Love Ananda) says is
trivial.  So what if God is before us always?  So what if we are
already enlightened?  If a murderer realizes that God is before him,
has his enlightenment made a whit of difference?

It's actions that count and this post said nothing about action.  What
path does this fellow prescribe and on what basis?

There's an old Ouspensky/Gurdjieff story about how they were able to
do certain things to enlighten a sheep.

"So what did they do with the enlightened sheep," someone asked.

"They ate it," the master replied.

Len Moskowitz

jamess@ttidca.TTI.COM (Jim Schoonover) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct24.071217.20066@nas.nasa.gov> cyee@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (Chut Ngeow YEE) writes:
>[...] DA KALKI (Heart-Master Da Love Ananda).
>He was born in 1939 at New York, as Frankin Jones.  He is born
>already Enlightened,  but gave out his enlightened state at the
>age of two so as to find a way to awaken normal people to the Divine
>State that he is.  He started teaching when he regained his enlightenment
>in 1970, [...]

Unless it has changed recently, I thought the standard description
was that he was born "Illumined" and lived his first 2 or 3 years
in a state or Condition he called the "Bright".  It was this
"Bright", or Radiant State, that was relinquished in order to assume
the state of those around him.  The "Bright" was regained, but what
can properly be called Enlightenment came only with the "Awakening
Event" in the Vedanta Temple.

This may seem like nit picking, but it's my understanding that the
distinction between "Illumined" and "Enlightened", though perhaps
subtle, is of significance in the proper understanding of the
spiritual history of the life of Da Kalki.  Please correct me if
this distinction is no longer made or given any importance.

-----
Jim Schoonover

kde@heawk1.gsfc.nasa.gov ( Keith Evans) (10/31/90)

In <1990Oct24.071217.20066@nas.nasa.gov> cyee@bruce.cs.monash.OZ.AU (Chut Ngeow YEE) writes:

>already Enlightened,  but gave out his enlightened state at the
>age of two so as to find a way to awaken normal people to the Divine
>State that he is.  He started teaching when he regained his enlightenment

>Last year he declared himself the long awaited Divine World-Teacher.
>This year he declared that he is DA KALKI,  the tenth and final
>incarnation of Vishnu (the Divine as Sustainer),  the Avataric Incarnation
>anciently Promised for the "late time" or the "dark epoch".

>What do you make of it?

Shakyamuni Buddha, in talking about this day and age, said that there would
be those who claim they have attained what they have not attained.
There is no God, life is chaotic (i.e., the cycle of birth and death).

--
   Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.
            Respectfully,