[net.bugs.4bsd] S on sun workstations

rusty@sdcarl.UUCP (rusty c. wright) (04/03/85)

I'm trying to bring S up on a sun workstation and the RUN.S
executable bombs immediately.  My guess is that it is a null
pointer problem.  Does anybody have the fixes for S so that
it can be used on sun workstations?
--
	rusty c. wright
	{ucbvax,ihnp4,akgua,hplabs,sdcsvax}!sdcarl!rusty

hans@kuling.UUCP (Hans Eriksson) (05/03/85)

In article <152@sdcarl.UUCP> rusty@sdcarl.UUCP (rusty c. wright) writes:
>I'm trying to bring S up on a sun workstation and the RUN.S
>executable bombs immediately.  ....

What is 'S' ?

Hans Eriksson
UUCP: ...mcvax!enea!kuling!hans or hans@kuling.UUCP

> What is 'S' ?

"S" is completely described in ISBN 0-534-03313-X, "S: An Interactive
Environment for Data Analysis and Graphics" by Richard A. Becker and
John M. Chambers (Belmont CA: Wadsworth, 1984).  Available for
licensing from AT&T Technologies.

The title of the book is a brief summary of what "S" is.