[net.bugs.4bsd] Bugs in Curses

emike@riccb.UUCP (Mike Durbin ) (08/20/85)

--------------- HELLO?

In article <117@mcgill-vision.UUCP> mouse@mcgill-vision.UUCP (der Mouse) writes:
>...  If anyone has a fix please send it to us as well!

The problem is in refresh.c.  Change line 227 from:

	while (*nsp == *csp)

	while (wx < win->_maxx && *nsp == *csp)

Recompile libcurses, then relink talk and other programs that use curses.
We haven't had any core dumps from curses after implementing this.
--
::::::::::::::::::
					emike

trt@rti-sel.UUCP (Tom Truscott) (08/21/85)

> The problem is in refresh.c.  Change line 227 from:
> 	while (*nsp == *csp)
> 	while (wx < win->_maxx && *nsp == *csp)

[enter horn blowing mode]
This fix is (fortunately enough) in the '4.2 BSD libcurses patch kit'
that was posted two weeks ago along with the window manager.
The kit fixes quite a few bugs, and I highly recommend
it to anyone struggling with a mostly-vanilla 4.2 curses.
Unfortunately the patch kit was posted as 'part 4' of WM
so some people may have missed it.
Look for it in your (or a neighbor's) mod.sources newsgroup.
	Tom Truscott