[net.followup] Doonesbury

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (11/07/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.followup
>From : TURTLE::BENNISON
Subject: re: Doonesbury

My wife and I, both ardent Doonesbury fans, went to see the
play two or three weeks ago in Boston.  We loved it!  The audience
loved it!  But I have to qualify this rave review.  I think it
really helped if you were familiar in advance with the characters,
plots and sub-plots of the strip.  I suspect the audience was
heavily infiltrated by Doonesbury fans who were in bad need of
a fix.  After all, it's been cold turkey since Trudeau took his
leave of absence.  A reviewer for the Boston Globe gave it a
pretty bum review.  It was clear from what he said that he didn't
know much about the strip or didn't care for it or both.  If you're
a Doonesbury fan then by all means go.  If not then find some more
reviews to help you decide whether or not to go.

    				- Vick Bennison

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!turtle!bennison

 End Forwarded Message