[net.bugs.4bsd] Vi trashes file buffer when 'p'uting on long lines

hugh@hoptoad.uucp (Hugh Daniel) (01/13/86)

Program: vi
Severity:minor
Releases:  Sun 3.0 Pilot, Eakens 4.2BSD (Vax 11/750)

  In vi with the varible wrapmargin set to anything there is a bug with 'p'ing
long lines.  Most of the 'p'uted line is installed correctly, but the end
gets trashed and some lines after it get trashed.  Also the user gets left
in input mode.  I have tested this on two differnt terminals (Ann Arbor Guru,
Sun(shelltool)).

Repeat-By:
  Set your wrapmargin to 3.  On the line that starts "SRCS" go to the
word 'main' and give the command 'D', now give the command 'p'.
#
SRCS= main.c config.c questions.c locks.c valadate.c report.c login.c input.c crap.c
#
#

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (#Bill.Stewart.2G202.x0705) (01/14/86)

In article <428@hoptoad.uucp> hugh@well.UUCP (Hugh Daniel) writes:

>Program: vi
>Severity:minor
>Releases:  Sun 3.0 Pilot, Eakens 4.2BSD (Vax 11/750)
More to the point, were all of these vi version 3.7?  3.7 is the
standard version with 4.[12]BSD and System V Release 1 (for most
machines); System V Rel 2 on the AT&T 3B20, Vaxen, and 3B2 has vi
version 3.9, which still has the bug.

--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs