[net.bugs.4bsd] Panic: pagein mfind in 4.3BSD + NFS on mvII

brian@ukma.uky.csnet (Augh) (09/12/86)

We have 4 micro-vax II's running 4.3BSD + NFS from Mt. Xinu, on 2 of the
machine(different peripherals) I am getting panic: pagein mfind.
To this point I have been unable to track a probable cause for this
problem as it happens with seemingly random timing. Has any one else seen
this problem, and does anyone have a hint as to how to get a handle
on the problem?

Brian Sturgill
ukma!cbosgd!brian

sample@ubc-ean.UUCP (Rick Sample) (09/15/86)

In article <4373@ukme.ukma.uky.csnet> brian@ukma.uky.csnet (Augh) writes:
>We have 4 micro-vax II's running 4.3BSD + NFS from Mt. Xinu, on 2 of the
>machine(different peripherals) I am getting panic: pagein mfind.
>To this point I have been unable to track a probable cause for this
>problem as it happens with seemingly random timing. Has any one else seen
>this problem, and does anyone have a hint as to how to get a handle
>on the problem?
>
>Brian Sturgill
>ukma!cbosgd!brian

We have seen this problem once in three weeks of running Mt. Xinu 4.3BSD + NFS
on a VAX 11/750.  No idea about what causes it yet.

Rick Sample, sample@ubc.csnet, sample@ean.ubc.cdn