[net.cse] net.cse.cai

pgr@mtgzz.UUCP (p.g.russo) (10/24/85)

I've seen a couple of postings to this group about authoring
languages and interactive video - mostly requests for
information.  Perhaps it isn't widely known, but there is a
newsgroup, net.cse.cai, for discussion of issues pertaining
to computer-aided instruction and interactive video.

I'd like to see some sort of discussion about these and
other topics in net.cse.cai.  So I sent a few postings to
the group.  Any takers?

See you in net.cse.cai

Pat Russo
AT&T Information Systems
mtgzz!pgr

spaf@gatech.CSNET (Gene Spafford) (10/26/85)

In article <1313@mtgzz.UUCP> pgr@mtgzz.UUCP (p.g.russo) writes:
>I've seen a couple of postings to this group about authoring
>languages and interactive video - mostly requests for
>information.  Perhaps it isn't widely known, but there is a
>newsgroup, net.cse.cai, for discussion of issues pertaining
>to computer-aided instruction and interactive video.

Uh, I don't know why you think there is such a group, but there isn't.
There hasn't been such a group for a long while (I'm not sure if there
every was, I can't remember).  If you look in the list of active "net"
groups which I post each month, you'll not find a net.cse.cai.

Any group with a "net.cse.cai" is probably not running 2.10.2 or
better news, or else the system admin is not running the "checkgroups"
message.

Normally, requests for new groups would be discussed in net.news.group,
but they require a demonstrated volume of postings first.  This
topic doesn't seem to have any activity, and thus doesn not warrant
a separate group.  If you wish to discuss CAI in and educational
environment, let me suggest you do so in net.cse so everyone on the
net can at least have the opprotunity to see the discussion; postings
to net.cse.cai will only be seen on the few machines which have
that (bogus) group in existence.
--
Gene "sometime in 1986" Spafford
The Clouds Project, School of ICS, Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA 30332

dat@hpcnof.UUCP (10/28/85)

> I've seen a couple of postings to this group about authoring
> languages and interactive video - mostly requests for
> information.  Perhaps it isn't widely known, but there is a
> newsgroup, net.cse.cai, for discussion of issues pertaining
> to computer-aided instruction and interactive video.
> 			Pat Russo,  AT&T Information Systems

	Gee...if only we got it.

	Can you check to make sure that it really gets off of your machine, Pat?

			Thanks.
						-- Dave Taylor

"I would read/write to it if I had it!  Honest!"