[net.space] Letters to Pres.

fred (06/23/82)

	I would like to share with you a letter I just received
from Mr. Maas about the Presidents Speech at the shuttle landing.
Date: 23 June 1982 01:33-EDT
From: Robert Elton Maas <REM at MIT-MC>
Subject: Re: Shuttle Delay and Pres.
To: decvax!duke!harpo!floyd!vax135!lime!we13!otuxa!nwuxc!inuxc!fred at UCB-C70
cc: SPACE at MIT-MC

That's one of the reasons I sent a card to Reagan advising him on what
I'd like him to say at the speech. Now if he says a lot of bullshit,
and doesn't propose any programs such as space station or SEPS or
prospecting for Hydrogen & Carbon I can write him a followup card or
letter castigating him and have copies published in newspapers, and he
can't reply "why didn't you say what you wanted in the first place".

Not that my voice is so important, but each letter counts.

	Mr. Maas is correct every letter does count. Someday
the Space movement may be large enough to elect its own
candidates to office, but until then well written letters is
one of the most effective political tools we have.

				inhss!inuxc!fred

				Fred