[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] Technical Manual

snorthc@pokey.nswc.navy.mil (04/10/90)

We are attempting to diagnose an AGS.  It is in bad shape:
backplane shorted, power supply hosed, at least one ethernet
board fried.

During the examination, we learned a lot about the router, but
for every point figured out, two or more questions come up.

Is there a technical or maintenance manual for these beasties?
Cost?  Part Number?

Thank You,
Stephen Northcutt

A hint: if you ever disassemble one of these boxes you might
want to consider putting a board in the top and bottom slot
of the backplane as you put it back together to keep it
aligned.

pte900@csc.anu.oz (Peter Elford) (04/11/90)

In article <1990Apr10.135224.24092@relay.nswc.navy.mil>, snorthc@pokey.nswc.navy.mil writes:

> We are attempting to diagnose an AGS.  It is in bad shape:
> Is there a technical or maintenance manual for these beasties?
> Cost?  Part Number?

You should have the cisco Systems "Hardware Products Installation Guide"
(DOC-IG1) - they come with boxes these days. I was quoted US$50.

There is also a field service manual; availability to users and cost
unknown,

Peter Elford,                           	e-mail: P.Elford@aarnet.edu.au
Network Co-ordinator,	 			phone: +61 6 249 3542
Australian Academic Research Network,		fax: +61 6 247 3425
c/o, Computer Services Centre,			post: PO Box 4
Australian National University			      Canberra 2601
Canberra, AUSTRALIA