Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 12:05 CST
From: Art Feather - SINet - 1.408.437.5373 <aef@sjosu1.sinet.slb.com>
To: 7thson@SLCS.SLB.COM, barnes@snmsu1.SINet.SLB.COM, moyes@sndsn1.SINet.SLB.COM
Subject: Cisco frame size

OK, we've been talking about this for some time, but are not sure what
exactly it should be set to.

SOME implementation require you set frame size to the number of data bytes
plus overhead (plus one for SunLink) while others assume the overhead and
only want the number of data bytes.

Does anybody really know what this is supposed to be on Cisco?  We tried
1029 a while ago and if I remember it just made things worse (which seemed
to imply that cisco only wanted data frame size).

So...  anybody have the definitive answer?>

--Art

Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 09:43:51 PST
From: moyes@sndsn1.SINet.SLB.COM (Keith Moyes - SINet Operations -  303  791-6022)
To: aef
Subject: IP and SLCS

Art,

As I remember this, it was discussed. The point we were not sure on was
whether to have Chris set the Cisco to 1024(8192) or 1029(8232).

KM
From:	PSI%SLCS::7thSon "Chris Garrigues" 29-OCT-1990 10:35:00.64
To:	snmsu1.SINet::barnes
CC:
Subj:	Re:  IP traffic SLCS<->ASC

Cc: SLCS::7thSon, sinet::moyes

    Date: Mon, 29 Oct 90 11:14:12 CST
    From: barnes@snmsu1.SINet.SLB.COM

    CC: barnes

    The SINet standard for frame size is 1029 bytes, or 8232 bits.  So
    perhaps you should bump it up a bit.

    Simon

Will do.  Why didn't the folks at the NOC tell me this when we discussed
it months ago?

Chris
=========== End Forwarded Messages ===========