[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] STS-10 "10-pin modular plug connectors"

ehrhart@etmsun.ericsson.se (Tim Ehrhart) (02/28/91)

The Product Configuration Guide says the STS-10 uses "10-pin
modular plug connectors". Am I to assume these are RJ11C plugs ?

There was another question like this a few days ago on the
pinouts, but only 6 pins were specified. What happended to the
other 4 lines, or which 6 positions of the 10 possible are used.

P.S. I haven't bought/got one yet so all I have is the Product
Configuration Guide.

Thanx for all the replies to my last posting...

--
+ Tim Ehrhart                     EMAIL: ehrhart@ericsson.se  +
+ Ericsson Telecommunicatie BV    PHONE: +31 1612 29308       +

haas%basset.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Walt Haas) (03/02/91)

In article <1991Feb28.151652.12152@ericsson.se> ehrhart@etmsun.ericsson.se (Tim Ehrhart) writes:
>The Product Configuration Guide says the STS-10 uses "10-pin
>modular plug connectors". Am I to assume these are RJ11C plugs ?

If this is the same 10 pin plug that the Hughes LAN Systems 4208 uses, then
it's a bear to find - the only source I know is Virginia Plastics, and they
don't want to sell just the plug.  We ended up using 8-pin plugs and ignoring
the two outside connections, which we didn't need anyway.

-- Walt Haas    haas@ski.utah.edu