[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] IGRP protocol interpreter for Network General Sniffer

robelr@mythos.ucs.indiana.edu (Allen Robel) (03/16/91)

Has anyone developed an IGRP protocol interpreter for Network
General's Sniffer?  If not, I'm thinking about doing it but
wanted to see if I could save myself the work.

Many thanks!

Allen Robel                         robelr@mythos.ucs.indiana.edu

University Computing Services       ROBELR@IUJADE.BITNET

Network Research & Planning         voice: (812)855-7171
Indiana University                  FAX:   (812)855-8299

robelr@mythos.ucs.indiana.edu (Allen Robel) (03/19/91)

Wayne Sung writes:

>how about an IGRP interpreter for _any_ platform? I would think if you

>could work out the protocol details you could put it into any number of

>places.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm more familiar with the Sniffer's
development environment so will probably start there (we have
two Sniffer's and have just switched from RIP to IGRP and

our Operations group needs a tool pretty quickly).  The Sniffer
already handles the TCP/IP suite and provides a (relatively)
easy way to extend it.

I've never heard of tcpdump but will look into it.  Perhaps this code is

easily ported to "_any_ platform?"