[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] mib.txt

John H. Jamison <jjamison@mwunix.mitre.org> (04/24/91)

Dear Colleagues,

	I have a copy of mib.txt from ftp.cisco.com. I have started to use it
with the CMU snmp tool set. In order to add the entrys in cisco's mib.txt file
to the CMU mib.txt file it is necessary to do a lot of editing. cisco says they
are working on it but do not have a CMU snmp compatible mib.txt file ready yet.
Has anyone out there modified cisco's mib.txt file to work with CMU snmp tools?
If so I would really appreciate the chance to get a copy of it.

			- Thanks

			John Jamison
			jjamison@mitre.org

Peter Elford <P.Elford@aarnet.edu.au> (04/24/91)

>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 91 14:58:36 EDT
>From: John H. Jamison <jjamison@mwunix.mitre.org>
>
>       I have a copy of mib.txt from ftp.cisco.com. I have started to
>use it with the CMU snmp tool set. In order to add the entrys in
>cisco's mib.txt file to the CMU mib.txt file it is necessary to do a
>lot of editing. cisco says they are working on it but do not have a
>CMU snmp compatible mib.txt file ready yet.  Has anyone out there
>modified cisco's mib.txt file to work with CMU snmp tools?  If so I
>would really appreciate the chance to get a copy of it.

Try pub/tools/mib.txt-complete via anonymous ftp from aarnet.edu.au.

What would be more useful from cisco would be an updated mib (like
the one they handed out in paper form at Networkers 90 ...),

Peter Elford,                           	e-mail: P.Elford@aarnet.edu.au
Network Co-ordinator,	 			phone: +61 6 249 3542
Australian Academic Research Network,		fax:   +61 6 247 3425
c/o, Computer Services Centre,			pager: +61 6 245 3035
Australian National University			post:	PO Box 4
Canberra, AUSTRALIA					Canberra 2601

andrew@jhereg.osa.com (Andrew C. Esh) (04/24/91)

In article <34459@boulder.Colorado.EDU> jjamison@mwunix.mitre.org (John H. Jamison) writes:
>Dear Colleagues,
>
>	I have a copy of mib.txt from ftp.cisco.com. I have started to use it
>with the CMU snmp tool set. In order to add the entrys in cisco's mib.txt file
>to the CMU mib.txt file it is necessary to do a lot of editing. cisco says they
>are working on it but do not have a CMU snmp compatible mib.txt file ready yet.
>Has anyone out there modified cisco's mib.txt file to work with CMU snmp tools?
>If so I would really appreciate the chance to get a copy of it.
>

>			- Thanks
>
>			John Jamison
>			jjamison@mitre.org

Part of the problem seems to be that CMU SNMP looks as though it is MIB-I,
while most of the mib files I have been able to obtain are MIB-II. The
problems start when CMU-SNMP runs across the definitions for things like
DisplayString, which are not defined in MIB-I. CMU has to update.
--
Andrew C. Esh			andrew@osa.com
Open Systems Architects, Inc.