[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] LAT/MOP FAILED AT 8.2

JIMWW@SACMGR.MP.USBR.GOV (05/14/91)

#==============================================================================#
                            W A R N I N G

      If you are booting Lat accross a cisco watch out for 8.2(3)!!!!

                              MOP broke !!!

If payroll is dependent on a terminal server on the other side of the cisco
the users can get irate (who needs to get paid anyhow)!!!

Cisco fixed it in 8.2(4) (I hope).

#==============================================================================#
#  James W. Wheeler                 #   voice: 916 978-5089  fax: 916-978-5284 #
#  Regional Systems Manager         #          FTS 460-5089       FTS 460-5284 #
#  Mid Pacific Region               #                                          #
#  U.S. Bureau of Reclamation       #    inet: jimww@sacmgr.mp.usbr.gov        #
#  2800 Cottage Way    MP1101       #                                          #
#  Sacramento, CA 95825             #                                          #
#==============================================================================#

jp@geveke.nl (JPverhoeven) (05/15/91)

Hi there,

This problem is fixed in 8.2(3.3) a temporary release we got from engineering.

Regards,

jean-Pierre Verhoeven
Geveke Electronics B.V.
The Netherlands

ercm20@castle.ed.ac.uk (Sam Wilson) (05/15/91)

In article <35044@boulder.Colorado.EDU> JIMWW@SACMGR.MP.USBR.GOV writes:

>#==============================================================================#
>                            W A R N I N G
>
>      If you are booting Lat accross a cisco watch out for 8.2(3)!!!!
>
>                              MOP broke !!!

Our suppliers tell us it affects VAXstations too.  (No, I know booting a
VAXstation across a router is not a very good idea, but it saves on VMS
licence costs and buying extra disks.)

>Cisco fixed it in 8.2(4) (I hope).

We're told the same, and that there's a bug fix to 8.2(3) for urgent
cases.

Sam Wilson
Network Services, Edinburgh University Computing Service, Scotland, UK

CLAY@msscc.med.utah.edu (Clay Epstein, MSSCC) (05/16/91)

>Hi there,
>
>This problem is fixed in 8.2(3.3) a temporary release we got from engineering.
>
>Regards,
>
>jean-Pierre Verhoeven
>Geveke Electronics B.V.
>The Netherlands

	Watch out, the copy of 8.2(3.3) that we got had broken Appletalk
routing.

Waiting for 8.2(4)

Clay Epstein
Medical School Computer Center