-----------------------Begin included message------------------------------

Date:  Wed, 15 May 91 09:11:16 -0500
From: spurgeon@sirius.cc.utexas.edu (Charles E. Spurgeon)
Posted-Date:  Wed, 15 May 91 09:11:16 -0500
To: jmr1@Ra.MsState.Edu
Subject: Re: Terminal server hangs
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco

Just out of curiosity, what version of microcode are your terminal
servers running on their Ethernet interface?  A "sh cont mci"
should emit the version information.  The tipoff is a number
of "line down restarts" (or something like that) shown in the
MCI controller stats.

We had all manner of problems with version 1.7 microcode on Ethernet
MCIs that were attached to busy networks.  30 second to 2 minute
long hangs of our routers were common.  The fix was to upgrade to
v1.8 code on the MCIs.

-ces