[comp.dcom.sys.cisco] Cisco supports both Telnet and TN3270 ???

news@usenet.ins.cwru.edu (06/19/91)

From: lim@slc6.INS.CWRU.Edu (Hock Koon Lim)

   I have heard this since Fall 1989.  Any real release date this time?

>cisco's tn3270 implementation will only run on their high-end terminal
>servers, due to its memory usage.

  Could any one tell me what is the cost to upgrade my "OLD" cisco
ASM-2/96 terminal server to ASM-3?  Is there a upgrade program for
the old terminal server?  The local cisco sale rep. has tried to get
the answer for me since Jan 91.  Maybe someone know the answer.

>Bill Westfield
>cisco Systems.
>- -------

Thanks,

--
Hock-Koon Lim, Information Network services
Case Western Reserve University; Cleveland, Ohio, USA  44106