[ba.market.computers] Should I sell my C-64?

shedevil@leland.Stanford.EDU (Annie) (04/27/91)

I'm thinking of selling my C-64, and possibly assorted ancillary
stuff (drive, modem, etc.)

The keyboard/cpu is the old brown model, and it has a homebrew
soft-reset switch.  It's in pretty good shape.

I have *no* idea what I should ask for this, or even if I should sell
it, or hang on to it for whatever reason...

Any suggestions?

--
 mother - law student - antifeminist - suny@b class of 89 - fathers' rightist
   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - shedevil@leland.stanford.edu

ekman@wdl30.wdl.loral.com (Donald Ekman) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr26.182511.29848@leland.Stanford.EDU> shedevil@leland.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:

>I'm thinking of selling my C-64, and possibly assorted ancillary
>stuff (drive, modem, etc.)
>
>The keyboard/cpu is the old brown model, and it has a homebrew
>soft-reset switch.  It's in pretty good shape.
>
>I have *no* idea what I should ask for this, or even if I should sell
>it, or hang on to it for whatever reason...
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>--
> mother - law student - antifeminist - suny@b class of 89 - fathers' rightist
>   Anne (She Devil) Mitchell - Stanford Law - shedevil@leland.stanford.edu
>    No disclaimer necessary as this is *my* account, and besides - nobody
>       would ever accuse anyone else of having these opinions anyway!

Anyone need a boat anchor?  How about a door stop?

Seriously, Annie, the C-64 by itself may be worth $60 - $75.  Peripherals
extra.

Probably the best thing a computer like this is for is if you have children
who want to play games with it.  There was a lot of game software written for
the C-64.

Now, if you've got a Commodore Pet, with tape drive, that you want to unload,
that's another matter.

Don
--
Donald E. Ekman           | Disclaimer:  Loral    | How oft the sight of means
Space Systems/Loral       | doesn't think I have  |         to do ill deeds

wjb@tantalum.eds.com (Bill Biesty) (04/30/91)

In article <1991Apr26.182511.29848@leland.Stanford.EDU> shedevil@leland.Stanford.EDU (Annie) writes:
->I'm thinking of selling my C-64, and possibly assorted ancillary
->stuff (drive, modem, etc.)
->
->The keyboard/cpu is the old brown model, and it has a homebrew
->soft-reset switch.  It's in pretty good shape.
->
->I have *no* idea what I should ask for this, or even if I should sell
->it, or hang on to it for whatever reason...
->
->Any suggestions?
->
C-64's are in high demand in Eastern Europe these days.  I saw an article
in either Businessweek or Fortune that Commodore's profits were largely
from the sale of the 64 to eastern europe.  There's a large demand for
computers that are cheap and have lots of available software.

Off the subject you say?  Depends how enterprising you are....

Bill