[comp.specification] Petri nets as a CCC

jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) (07/27/90)

Someone Very Famous Who Shall Remain Nameless told me that Petri nets form
a Cartesian closed category (apparently this is used in some of the new
models for linear logic).  Can somebody explain how, or give a reference to
the construction?

--
--  Jack Campin   Computing Science Department, Glasgow University, 17 Lilybank
Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland   041 339 8855 x6044 work  041 556 1878 home

mantha@rocksanne.uucp (S. Mantha (co-op)) (08/01/90)

In article <5914@vanuata.cs.glasgow.ac.uk> jack@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Jack Campin) writes:
>Someone Very Famous Who Shall Remain Nameless told me that Petri nets form
>a Cartesian closed category (apparently this is used in some of the new
>models for linear logic).  Can somebody explain how, or give a reference to
>the construction?

	I don't know which papers you are looking for, but here are
two interesting references:

	Petri Nets are Monoids
     by  Jose Meseguer and Ugo Montanari
         SRI, Menlo Park CA 94025 USA     (and they are famous enough :-))

        From Petri Nets to Linear Logic
     by  Narciso Marti-Oliet and Jose Meseguer
        SRI and CSLI Stanford, CA 94305

cheers
Surya Mantha