[comp.specification] Tech Reports from Oxford PRG

dwights@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Dwight Spencer) (12/14/90)

In article <1990Dec12.175436.6304@cl.cam.ac.uk> jg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Jim Grundy)
writes:

> I'm told that there exists a tech report from the PRG ...
> Can anybody ... from Oxford tell me the details on getting hold of it.

This strikes a chord with me ... I have had a terrible time ordering
papers from the Oxford PRG. Absolutely no responses to request letters from
my department. My only successes have come from contacting the authors
directly. What is the difficulty here and how are technical reports to be
ordered from this group without bothering/pestering their research people?

- Dwight Spencer

bowen@prg.ox.ac.uk (Jonathan Bowen) (12/19/90)

In article <14933@ogicse.ogi.edu> dwights@ogicse.cse.ogi.edu (Dwight Spencer) writes:

>In article <1990Dec12.175436.6304@cl.cam.ac.uk> jg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Jim Grundy)
>writes:

>> Can anybody ... from Oxford tell me the details on getting hold of it.
>
>This strikes a chord with me ... I have had a terrible time ordering
>papers from the Oxford PRG.

Try contacting the librarian, Gordon Riddell on <library@prg.oxford.ac.uk>.
Address and phone number are:

	The Librarian
	Oxford University Computing Laboratory
	Programming Research Group
	11 Keble Road
	Oxford OX1 3QD
	England.
TEL:    +44-865-273837 (direct), +44-865-273838 (enquiries)
FAX:    +44-865-273839

There are now two series produced by the PRG: the traditional
formally published and printed Technical Monographs, and less formal
Technical Reports which are photocopied as required. There are
charges to cover costs unless your institution has a reciprocal
agreement with us.

--
Jonathan Bowen, <Jonathan.Bowen@prg.oxford.ac.uk>
Oxford University Computing Laboratory.

jg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Jim Grundy) (12/20/90)

> In article <1990Dec12.175436.6304@cl.cam.ac.uk> jg@cl.cam.ac.uk (Jim Grundy)
> writes:
>
> > I'm told that there exists a tech report from the PRG ...
> > Can anybody ... from Oxford tell me the details on getting hold of it.
>
> This strikes a chord with me ... I have had a terrible time ordering
> papers from the Oxford PRG. Absolutely no responses to request letters from
> my department. My only successes have come from contacting the authors
> directly. What is the difficulty here and how are technical reports to be
> ordered from this group without bothering/pestering their research people?
>
> - Dwight Spencer

Well since I went hunting for this techreport I have also found another
PRG report I wanted.  In between now and then I grabed the zed.sty stuff
of the oxford archive server and had a play around with the server.
It sent me the most helpfull message.

   If you would like information about Programming Research Group
   monographs and technical reports (including many related to Z), please
   e-mail our librarian on <library@prg.oxford.ac.uk> or telephone him on
   +44-865-273837.

I did this and the guy on the other end of that address was most helpfull
and sent me the techreport I was after.

Jim