[comp.specification] Object-Z ?

Paul.Kram@cs.cmu.edu (02/24/91)

I'm looking for information about Object-Z
(an object oriented extension to Z).
I don't know anything except that it exists.
All pointers appreciated...

smith@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Graeme Smith) (02/26/91)

In <0blj6lq00h5KECCUNI@cs.cmu.edu> Paul.Kram@cs.cmu.edu writes:

>I'm looking for information about Object-Z
>(an object oriented extension to Z).
>I don't know anything except that it exists.
>All pointers appreciated...

Object-Z has been under development at the University of
Queensland, Australia, by myself and other researchers for the
past two years.  The following lists the available technical
reports and publications which may be of interest.  Due to
the developmental nature of the language discrepancies exist
between some of the papers.  However, most (I dare not say all)
of the language details have now been sorted out and an
Object-Z "handbook", which includes a full concrete syntax, has
recently been completed.  This should be available soon as a
technical report.

Conference publications

D. Carrington, D.Duke, R. Duke, P. King, G. Rose and G. Smith.
Object-Z: An object-oriented extension to Z.
In S. Vuong, editor, Formal Description Techniques, II(FORTE'89),
pages 281-296.
North-Holland, 1990.

D. Duke and R. Duke.
Towards a semantics for Object-Z.
In D. Bjorner, C.A.R. Hoare and H. Langmaack, editors, VDM'90:
VDM and Z!, number 428 in LNCS, pages 244-261.
Springer-Verlag, 1990.

R. Duke, G.Rose and A. Lee.
Object-oriented protocol specification.
In L. Logrippo, R.L. Probert and H. Ural, editors, Protocol
Specification, Testing, and Verification X, pages 325-338.
North-Holland, 1990.

G. Smith and R. Duke.
Modelling a cache coherence protocol using Object-Z.
In Proc. 13th Australian Computer Science Conference (ACSC-13),
pages 352-361, 1990.

D. Carrington and G. Smith.
Extending Z for object-oriented specifications.
in Proc. 5th Australian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC'90),
pages 9-14, 1990.

R. Duke and D. Duke.
Aspects of object-oriented formal specification.
In Proc. 5th Australian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC'90),
pages 21-26, 1990.

Technical Reports

D. Carrington, D.Duke, R. Duke, P. King, G. Rose and G. Smith.
Object-Z: An object-oriented extension to Z.
Technical Report 105, Dept. of Computer Science, University of
Queensland, 1989.

D. Duke and R. Duke.
A history model for classes in Object-Z.
Technical Report 120, Dept. of Computer Science, University of
Queensland, 1989.

G. Smith and R. Duke.
Specification and verification of a cache coherence protocol.
Technical Report 126, Dept. of Computer Science, University of
Queensland, 1989.

--
Graeme Smith
Dept. of Computer Science		smith@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au