[comp.sys.alliant] rev 5.5.02

xxrich@alliant1 (Rich Rinehart) (03/07/90)

Hello alliant world!  We just started getting this group last night,
Thank you, whoever set it up!  Anyway, is there anyone else out there
running 5.5.02?  There's a few oddities in it that I`d like to see if
you've experienced before I go complaining to Alliant.

-rich

Rich Rinehart                  |     phone: 216-433-5211
NASA Lewis Research Center     |     email: xxrich@alliant1.lerc.nasa.gov

xxrich@alliant1 (Rich Rinehart) (03/08/90)

In article <1990Mar7.122841.24206@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> xxrich@alliant1.lerc.nasa.gov  writes:
>Hello alliant world!  We just started getting this group last night,
>Thank you, whoever set it up!  Anyway, is there anyone else out there
>running 5.5.02?  There's a few oddities in it that I`d like to see if
>you've experienced before I go complaining to Alliant.

I am responding back to my own posting, this is strange I've never
done this before.  I want to clarify my last posting to avoid the
already started stampead to the panic switch.  Rev 5.5.02 is DEFINITELY
worth going to, even given afew minor inconviences that we've
experienced.  Please note that it is still a 'beta' release:

1.	We can not rlogin without a request for a password.

2.	The 'chown' command is in the wrong location.

3.	I have a buggy fortran code which hangs a process up and
will not die (easily).  It may be unrelated to the new release though.

On the good side, the system hasn't crashed yet.  Power to Alliant!