[comp.sys.alliant] Mysterious messages from sendmail

henkel%nepjt@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Chuck Henkel) (03/08/90)

Context: Alliant FX/4 running Concentrix v5.0.0

Is there a quick and easy solution to why I am getting the following
messages from sendmail every once in a while? I have made little
effort to figure it out for myself hoping that someone else may
have solved this problem already.

Mar  7 03:09:06 nefx4 sendmail[68]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: getrequests: accept: No ch
ildren
Mar  7 13:57:19 nefx4 sendmail[68]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: getrequests: accept: No ch
ildren
Mar  8 00:13:33 nefx4 sendmail[68]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR: getrequests: accept: No ch
ildren

Nothing is obviously broken about mail on our Alliant as far as I know
(all my mail is forwarded to another machine), just these annoying
messages on the console a few times a day.

Any clues?

--
| Chuck Henkel                      |                            |
| N.C. State University             | Curious about evolution?   |

mn48903@tut.fi (Niemel{ Martti) (03/09/90)

Taken are get your reply's and keep those children then .

at an University inside a Tampere town a Hervanta suburb and Finland a student
Martti Aarni Niemel{ telnetable mn48903@ (alva or tutor).tut.hut.fi a netlack.

chubb@s96.llnl.gov (Kris Chubb) (03/09/90)

In article <3175@tutor.tut.fi> mn48903@tutor.tut.fi (Niemel{ Martti) writes:
>Taken are get your reply's and keep those children then .
>
>at an University inside a Tampere town a Hervanta suburb and Finland a student
>Martti Aarni Niemel{ telnetable mn48903@ (alva or tutor).tut.hut.fi a netlack.

That's easy for you to say.

Kris Chubb --> chubb@s65.es.llnl.gov
Lawrence Livermore Nat'l Lab. (Who/Which has nothing whatever
---------------------------->  to do with the trash I've
---------------------------->  expressed here)

henkel%nefx4@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (Chuck Henkel) (03/09/90)

In article <3175@tutor.tut.fi> mn48903@tut.fi (Niemel{ Martti) writes:
> are get your reply's and keep those children then .  at an
> University inside a Tampere town a Hervanta suburb and Finland a
> student Martti Aarni Niemel{ telnetable mn48903@ (alva or
> tutor).tut.hut.fi a netlack.

Oh shit! I should have thought of that to begin with.

If anyone else has a solution to my problem, superfluous though it may
be in light of this response, I'd appreciate it. Note that my email
address has changed since last posting due to massive disk failure
on other machine.

--
| Chuck Henkel                    | Curious about evolution?       |
| Dep't. of Nuclear Engineering   |   Read Stephen J. Gould.       |