[biz.dec.workstations] Franz lisp for DECstation 3100

kateb@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Katerine Bielaczyc) (03/13/90)

I am looking for a lisp for a DECstation 3100 (DEC's RISC machine).  I
need something other than common lisp.

Is there anything other than common lisp?

Thanks,
Kate

jg@crltrx.crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys) (03/13/90)

Lisps, we got lisps, more than I can keep track of...

Besides Franz, there is Ibuki, and there is Allegro, Harlequin, and probably
other common lisps to boot...

As far as schemes go, there is T, Scheme-to-C, MulT, and others...

I think you probably want to re-phrase your question....  Like which is
better for what purpose....
					- Jim

--
Digital Equipment Corporation
Cambridge Research Laboratory

remaker@pepsi.amd.com (Phillip A. Remaker) (03/18/90)

In article <4845@crltrx.crl.dec.com> jg@crltrx.crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys) writes:
>Lisps, we got lisps, more than I can keep track of...
>
>Besides Franz, there is Ibuki, and there is Allegro, Harlequin, and probably
>other common lisps to boot...

Lucid Lisp has also been ported to the 3100s, I believe.  And it is FAST.
My roomate works for them and I understand that their RISC-based Lisps are
blowing the specialized Symbolics machines out of the water.

All Just FYI.  Standard disclaimers apply..  I don't even know how to
program in Lisp....

Phillip A. Remaker A.M.D. M/S 167 P.O. Box 3453 Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3000
remaker@amdcad.amd.com  Cutting Edge Networking...Close to the Jugular...
"It's only work if someone makes you do it."  -Calvin