[comp.sys.apple2] ExpressLoad Error: 1127

tyler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Tyler W Phillips) (03/07/90)

	I've been having this problem off and on for about a month.  About half
of the time I boot my IIgs with 1.25 megs and an innerdrive 40meg, I get the
error ExpressLoad Error: 1127. Does anyone know what it is? and more
importantly, what can I do about it? Any help would be appreciated.

-Tyler Phillips

    SSSSSSSSSSS      +----------------------------------------------+
   SS                | Wo ho ho Dck an' hobin an' hobler an' claven!|
    SS               | an' slobin!! an' SNOC!! an' W an' a huh an' a|
      SS             | huh? exactly. etc. word, jam, et. al. tribe. |
        SS           +----------------------------------------------+
          SS
            SS       TTTTTTTTT  Y   Y  BBBBB   RRRRR    OOOO   W   W
              SS         T       Y Y   B    B  R    R  O    O  W   W
               SS        T        Y    BBBBB   RRRRR   O    O  W W W
               SS        T        Y    B    B  R RR    O    O  W W W
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS         T        Y    BBBBB   R   RR   OOOO    W W

In article <21379@netnews.upenn.edu> tyler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Tyler W Phillips) writes:

>	I've been having this problem off and on for about a month.  About half
>of the time I boot my IIgs with 1.25 megs and an innerdrive 40meg, I get the
>error ExpressLoad Error: 1127. Does anyone know what it is? and more
>importantly, what can I do about it? Any help would be appreciated.
>
>-Tyler Phillips

You're lucky I haven't completed my rn patches that automatically discard
messages with signatures that are longer than 4 lines and contain text
graphics.  :)

$1127 indicates ExpressLoad got an I/O error trying to load a file.  Sounds
like some blocks have gone bad inside the program files.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions represented here are
Developer Technical Support, Apple II |  not necessarily those of Apple
Group.  Personal mail only, please.   |  Computer, Inc.  Remember that."

qig@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (C. Eleveld) (03/12/90)

sorry I can't mail to uucp sites so I had to post this hopefully this will help
others with a similar problem

	I had an interesting problem with my 2gs and a vulcan hard drive.  Once
I got too many cards within  the case I had strange problems with hard drive
errors on boot I ended up having tto remove some cards because of radio
interference from the cards.  Send me more information on your system setup and
we will see if that could be it.

						The Insane Hermit
						The Zip-Man
						Chris Eleveld
						qig@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

p.s. so I have too many names so sue me.

jason@madnix.UUCP (Jason Blochowiak) (03/15/90)

In article <39337@apple.Apple.COM> mattd@Apple.COM (Matt Deatherage) writes:
>tyler@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Tyler W Phillips) writes:
>> [Mentions problem with InnerDrive giving ExpressLoad Error $1127]
>$1127 indicates ExpressLoad got an I/O error trying to load a file.  Sounds
>like some blocks have gone bad inside the program files.

	I got some ExpressLoad error as well, when I was playing with my new
SyQuest drive (I'm writing a review - I have no idea as to when I'll finish
it, but I'm trying). I think it was something strange, like $1140 (the $40
part is "Invalid Pathname Syntax") - I'm just curious as to why ExpressLoad
just wraps the GS/OS error code in the tool error format (high byte is the
tool number of the tool that had the error, the low byte contains the actual
error code for that tool). It seems that most tools simply return the errors
that it gets from whatever other resources (tools or OS) it's calling - why
the deviation? Also, ExpressLoad popped me into the system death mgr - why'd
it do that, when the error was recoverable?

p.s. You mean you're patching rn to remove all of your posts, with your 5
line .signature? ;)

--
                      Jason Blochowiak - jason@madnix.UUCP
or, try:         astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jason@spool.cs.wisc.edu