[comp.sys.apple2] Cross-posting to comp.sys.apple

cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Alfter) (03/15/90)

I remember someone said we should all cross-post to comp.sys.apple and
comp.sys.apple2 until everyone has made the switch and is getting
comp.sys.apple2.  That is a bit difficult when the news system throws this back
at you:

/usr/local/bin/inews: comp.sys.apple matches no groups in /usr/local/lib/news/active
/usr/local/bin/inews: article in /mnt/class/cs122/cs122aw/dead.article

I know that to cross-post, you simply specify more than one newsgroup in the
"Newsgroups:" line, but I get this message because this site no longer has
anything to do with comp.sys.apple and apparently works with comp.sys.apple2
exclusively.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just an rn quirk?

Scott Alfter-------------------------------------------------------------------
Internet: cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu    _/_  Apple II: the power to be your best!
          alfter@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/ v \
          saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (    (              A keyboard--how quaint!
  Bitnet: free0066@uiucvmd.bitnet    \_^_/                     --M. Scott, STIV

spike@world.std.com (Joe Ilacqua) (03/16/90)

In article <1990Mar15.083446.27622@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Alfter) writes:
<I remember someone said we should all cross-post to comp.sys.apple and
<comp.sys.apple2 until everyone has made the switch and is getting
<comp.sys.apple2.

	I suggested it to help make the transition easier.  I now
retract that suggestion.  We need to get people posting here so
comp.sys.apple can be removed.

->Spike (spike@world.std.com)
--
"The World" - Public Access Unix - +1 617-739-9753  24hrs {3,12,24}00bps

In article <1990Mar15.175921.21888@world.std.com> spike@world.std.com (Joe Ilacqua) writes:
>	I suggested it to help make the transition easier.  I now
>retract that suggestion.  We need to get people posting here so
>comp.sys.apple can be removed.

	I also originally thought that it would be a good idea to cross-post
since rn is smart enough to not make you read the same article twice.

	Yet there are still many many more articles daily on comp.sys.apple
rather than comp.sys.apple2... I think people should be posting ONLY to
comp.sys.apple2 so that we can kill comp.sys.apple [via a vote or whatever
means are necessary] ASAP.

--
 /_\  |__| |    __|    |_|  |_  \  / |_|   |    unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu       |