[comp.sys.apple2] new program

greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) (03/16/90)

----- News saved at 16 Mar 90 05:59:19 GMT
In article <8140@cs.utexas.edu> horne@cs.utexas.edu (Patrick J. Horne) writes:
>I am looking for a spelling checker/ dictionary for use on an Apple ][.
>The intended use is by my learning disabled son.  It would be even better
>if a screen editor was included.  Right now he uses wordstar on a z80
>card in the apple, so an Apple CP/M version would be ok.  Any information
>would be appreciated.

I've been meaning to write one for my own use as a matter of fact.
How about a spell checker that handles any normal text file
(I don't know squat about appleworks text files), but doesn't include the
editor?  I don't know how to write an editor.  Would there
be a market interest for such a beast?

Also, I did promise someone to make a program to break a
3.5 disk into segments for backup on 5.25 inch disks, is
there any large interest in a program that does this?

---
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.   W.O.S. is not dead.
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.     ...its time to get started,
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609   there is much to be done.
If my next computer isn't a IIgs, it won't be an apple... Me.Newsgroups: poster
Subject: Re: wanted:pd apple2 spelling checker/dictionary