[comp.sys.apple2] ROM 03 Egg

diz@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Steven Disbrow) (03/19/90)

Well, in addition to the credits list, you get your volume turned up (I think)
and a group of people shouting "Apple II!!!".

 Scared the crap out of me the first time I tried it. And it woke the
girlfriend up as well.

 And you though all that extra ROM was for Toolbox calls... :)

 Diz

/*****************************************************\
*    Steven W. Disbrow - Publisher of GS+ Magazine    *
*  GS+ Magazine           |  ProLine:                 *
*   POB 15366             |   diz@pro-gsplus          *
*   Chattanooga, TN 37415 |                           *
*  Voice:                 |  pro-gsplus BBS:          *
*   (615) 870-4960        |   (615) 875-4607          *
\*****************************************************/

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (03/20/90)

In article <1876@crash.cts.com> diz@pro-gsplus.cts.com (Steven Disbrow) writes:
> Well, in addition to the credits list, you get your volume turned up (I think)
> and a group of people shouting "Apple II!!!".
>  And you though all that extra ROM was for Toolbox calls... :)

Actually, the sound data is broken it to little bits and scattered throughout
ROM.  Filler, if you will.  There's a ROM vector (undocumented, of course)
that you can call that will play the sound.  For the curious, it's FE0018.

Scott Lindsey     | I dig iguana in their outer space duds
Claris Corp.      |    saying, "Aren't you glad we only eat bugs?"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.