[comp.sys.apple2] Apple // emulator in C!?!?!?!?!

gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (FRANK BRANHAM) (03/23/90)

Howdy, we've been discussing apple //'s over in the Amiga rink and one
of our number has found a very odd bird indeed.

It could be an Apple // emulator in C. Whatever it is, the code is a mess,
and is practically uncommented. The author is unknown and it was found lurking
on a Vax.

It is currently in residence at an amiga anonymous FTP site.

xanth.cs.odu.edu
under  /incoming/amiga/apple.c

If anyone discovers anything amazing about this toy, please post.

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
<  FRANK BRANHAM                      | "I exist; therefore I am."             >

nicholaA@batman.moravian.EDU (Andy Nicholas) (03/23/90)

In article <7358@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (FRANK BRANHAM) writes:

> It could be an Apple // emulator in C. Whatever it is, the code is a mess,
> and is practically uncommented. The author is unknown and it was found lurking
> on a Vax.

How much of an emulator?  There was something on BIX a while ago that would
emulate a II+ in software... a IIe is doable, but not the easiest thing in
the world due to all the bank switching possibilities.  A IIgs would be, well,
um, complicated.

andy

--

Yeah!