[comp.sys.apple2] Recent uploads

jerryn@pro-europa.cts.com (Jerry Norris) (03/23/90)

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu (Andy Tefft) writes:

> Future uploaders:
>
> Please, please, if you're going to upload something at LEAST tell us
> what machine it is for! I know I've complained about this before, but
> it's such a simple thing to do. It would certainly be nice if Chris
> Chung could check out everything before mailing it out to apple2-l
> subscribers, but he just can't. It's up to the uploaders. A message
> here is nice, but a little one-liner in the subject or body of the
> upload is better because it stays with the file, sometimes even on
> archive sites.
>
> Is this so much to ask??

I can't agree more.  I try to figure out if games or programs are
designed for the //e or the IIgs, and I'm usually right, but I'm not as
good as I'd like to be.  It can be especially infuriating to spend a
large amount of time downloading a file (some of us are still at 1200)
only to find that there's no way, other than buying another computer, to
use it.

C'mon, people, let's identify our software with the machines they can be
used on.  Please?
jerryn@pro-europa.cts.com                    | "What do we do now?"
crash!pro-europa!jerryn                      | "I don't know, I'm making this
GEnie: Vermithrax                            |  up as I go along!"

huang@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Howard Huang) (03/23/90)

Andy Tefft writes:

> Please, please, if you're going to upload something at LEAST tell us
> what machine it is for!
>
> Is this so much to ask??

And if you upload something for the IIgs, please state how much memory
the program requires.  Some of us (guess who?) don't have 1.25MB and can't
see neat programs like Nucleus or Photonix.

Thank you!!

Howard C. Huang                        Internet:  huang@husc4.harvard.edu
Sophomore Computer Science Major       Bitnet:    huang@husc4.BITNET
Mather House 426, Harvard College      UUCP:      huang@husc4.UUCP (I think)
Cambridge, MA 02138                    Apple II:  ftp husc6.harvard.edu