[comp.sys.apple2] Serial-to-parallel questions

SASQUATCH@ALBION.BITNET ("Kevin Lepard, 629-1827", 517) (03/23/90)

I'm going to be building a serial-to-parallel converter as part of a
project for my electronics class.  Since I'm going to have to build the
thing, I'd like to be able to use it with my GS when I'm finished with it.

Can anyone suggest to me a good reference on building this sort of thing,
where I might find useful information, example circuits, etc.?

Many thanks in advance!

Kevin Lepard
Bitnet:  Sasquatch@albion.bitnet

greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) (03/24/90)

In article <BEA0C17D92DF006182@ALBION.BITNET> SASQUATCH@ALBION.BITNET ("Kevin Lepard,  629-1827", 517) writes:
>I'm going to be building a serial-to-parallel converter as part of a
>project for my electronics class.  Since I'm going to have to build the
>thing, I'd like to be able to use it with my GS when I'm finished with it.

Try radio shack, they rarely have anything of use, but after all,
 a serial to parallel convertor is basically just a shift register.

---
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.   W.O.S. is not dead.
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.     ...its time to get started,
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609   there is much to be done.
If my next computer isn't a IIgs, it won't be an apple... Me.