[comp.sys.apple2] Sweet 16

huang@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (Howard Huang) (03/07/90)

Scott Alfter writes:
>...I have never figured out what Sweet-16 does;
>it's supposed to be a 16-bit processor emulator or something like that.)

Sweet-16 is Steve Wozniak's 16-bit processor emulator.  It was designed
way back when the Apple II was designed.  It used the first 32 (?) bytes
of zero page memory as a set of sixteen 16-bit registers.  Real hacker
stuff.

There was an article in Byte magazine about Sweet-16, and I think the
same article was reprinted with the original Merlin (Southwestern Data
Systems) documentation.

Howard C. Huang                        Internet:  huang@husc4.harvard.edu
Sophomore Computer Science Major       Bitnet:    huang@husc4.BITNET
Mather House 426, Harvard College      UUCP:      huang@husc4.UUCP (I think)
Cambridge, MA 02138                    Apple II:  ftp husc6.harvard.edu

ccasts2@prism.gatech.EDU (Sheldon Simms) (03/10/90)

I have a really old version of Merlin (pre Apple //e) that has a
fairly long section on Sweet 16. It's really too long to post but
if you would like me to email you a copy, send me mail and I'll
send you the Sweet 16 stuff. It consists of an introduction to
Sweet 16 by Dick Sedgewick and then a long description of Sweet 16
by Steve Wozniak. The intro goes over how to use Sweet 16 and has
some examples using Integer Basic (I said it was old). Anyway, that's
about it...

Sheldon Simms
ccasts2@prism.gatech.edu

ccasts2@prism.gatech.EDU (Sheldon Simms) (03/13/90)

A few of you who requested Sweet16 intros (specifically logon names: quack
and geary), When I save your mail message I was unaware that the file
system was full, so I lost the addresses to send to. If you could request
again, I would appreciate it. Also, anyone else who didn't see the first
message, If you are interested in Sweet 16 but have no documentation, I
have an intro and a description that I would be happy to send you.

Sheldon Simms
ccasts2@prism.gatech.edu

matthew@sunpix.East.Sun.COM ( Sun Visualization Products) (03/29/90)

     This is of interest to all those interested about Sweet 16. All
others can skip to the next article.

     Many years ago I clipped out and mad a booklet from the original BYTE
article "Sweet 16 - The 6502 Dream Machine" by none other than Stephen
Wozniak.

     Now the reason for this posting. Since I'm selling my Apple //c, soft-
ware, books and magazines. I might as well get rid of this also. Interested?
Call or E-mail me an its yours. (I'll cover postage in North America)

--
Matthew Lee Stier                            |
Sun Microsystems ---  RTP, NC  27709-3447    |     "Wisconsin   Escapee"